Actually, I am not sure if these cause stress in everyone, but I know these are the 10 most common things that cause stress in me:
1. The belief that I am in control of my life rather than knowing that HE is in control of EVERYTHING (including my life)!
2. When I do not trust the people who I delegate authority and responsibility to and actually begin to believe the lie that, “If I want something done right then I must do it myself.”
3. When I know without a doubt what God has told me to do but I begin to listen to the “experts” who tell me that the very thing God has told me to do is impossible.
4. When I try to explain myself to those who don’t really want an explanation; they just want to argue.
5. When I refuse to take some time to disconnect and rest, claiming that the devil never takes a day off while not understanding that the devil isn’t supposed to be my example.
6. When I begin to take on the “Messiah complex” and begin to think about how much I need to do and how Jesus needs me rather than how much I actually NEED HIM!
7. When I worry about results more than obedience!!!
8. When I focus on the size of the problem rather than the size of God!
9. When I fail to share my worries and concerns and admit my mistakes to others for fear that it may make me seem weak and stupid.
10. When I become unaware of HIS presence every single minute of my life!
Please remember and be encouraged that His plans are greater than any plans we could have for ourselves. So don’t worry, God’s got this.
When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.
– Peter Marshall
Prayer: Father thank you that you are here to melt away my cares and take my burdens upon yourself because you care for me. Help me to release my stresses and troubles to you and not take them back when I feel like my prayers haven’t been answered fast enough. Help me to remember that I must renew my mind daily because this is where the battle against the enemy is fought most. Lord strengthen me in my weakest moments and help me to lean not on my own understanding but to acknowledge you in ALL of my ways and to seek you daily for guidance and direction. Thank you that I am free to come boldly before your throne of grace that I may obtain mercy in my times of need and I bless your name for being my refuge in the times of storms. In Jesus name. Amen.
Originally posted on May 8, 2017 @ 8:58 AM